The goals of this treatment are:
- Gums that do not bleed. HEALTHY GUMS DO NOT BLEED!
- Fresher breath and taste
- Reattachment of gum tissue to tooth surface
- Smooth tooth surfaceFlush out bacteria in pockets
- Gums that are not red, swollen or tender
- Knowing how to effectively maintain good oral hygiene
- Reduce pocket depths
- Control periodontal disease
What we need from you, our patient to make this treatment a success:
- Completion of the therapy as prescribed
- Thoroughly cleaning all tooth surfaces two times a day
- Flossing daily
- Maintenance of regular recare visits
- We will offer thorough instructions on home care to insure the removal of bacteria on a daily basis. This includes proper use of the toothbrush, paste, mouth rinses, medications, floss threaders, and proxy brushes. Home care can effectively eliminate the plaque above the gums and down to 2 mm below the gums.